10 April 2019

DIFFERENT STROKES - UNSUNG HEROES WHO CHOSE DIFFERENTLY……

DIFFERENT STROKES - UNSUNG HEROES
For very long I have not been able to contribute much to this blog of mine
Sometimes it's very good to take a break, you return back with a bang with renewed ideas and energy and your creative juices flowing.
It's been a long time I have not been blogging on my Hobbies and crafts blog and rightly so, the demands of everyday life, taking care of my family and career sucked out all the energy and there was no energy left to pursue hobbies and crafts.
But, now, after a few years I feel it's the time for me to start doing the things that I love to do and one of the things I absolutely loved and still love to do is Write.
Back in the late 70’s, 80’s and 90’s we had no social media or mobile phones but our lives were enriched by books. I have to thank my parents who encouraged me to read. They also encouraged me to write and use good vocabulary.
Reading great works inspires good writing and you become a better writer by osmosis.
Fortunately, we had the privilege of reading works by great authors like Shakespeare, Leo Tolstoy, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Ernest Hemingway, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the list of the stalwarts is endless. Even now I read, but on my mobile phone.
I need to also give credit to my friends who always kept telling me that I must write. The writing got contained into social media posts. After seeing some of my posts they would comment; "You write so well".
Just recently, a social media friend stopped me outside a shopping centre and said, “ I saw your post and it’s so beautifully written that it touched a chord”.
Sometimes, we ourselves are unaware of the impact of the things we do, until we are made aware of it by the people around us. I enjoy writing and sometimes end up reading what I wrote a couple of times. When the thoughts flow, I just keep typing vociferously at my keyboard and sometimes on my mobile. Mobile phones have definitely given us the convenience of writing at our own pace and time and wherever we go.
Writing makes me very happy; it helps me to find solace like an oasis in the desert.
Writing is definitely an escape for me.
For as long as I can remember, I used to write.
I used to write when I was sad, I used to write when I was happy and somewhere in between too. It has always helped me feel better.
I think that; the best part of writing is; it not only helps you. It helps others and brings joy to others just as much as it does to you.
And I have thought of using this skill to bring into limelight the people around me who are heroes in their own right. Some people get the name and fame for what they are doing and there are yet others who are not acknowledged or recognized but are committed to give more than they take.
People who have been noticed less or haven’t gotten the laurels they deserve.
I would call them “Unsung Heroes”. These heroes are focused on the big picture and are willing to sacrifice time and effort for the good of others or to pursue a passion that they so deeply believe in.
These fearless hearts and audacious dreamers have maintained their optimism.
They have followed their heart and have been standing against all odds to prove their mettle.
Being a hero is not an easy thing but there are more heroes out there than you might think. 
People who are heroes do not always get recognized. 
Some of them don’t even think of themselves as heroes.
This is a humble attempt by me to showcase the heroes around me from various walks of life.
A hero is not necessarily someone who wears a cape or has superpowers and saves the world.
Being a hero is about helping others, sharing, caring and endeavoring to make a difference in other people’s lives, creating a ripple effect that all started with you whether using art, craft, talent, acts of kindness; giving back to the society and always hoping to make it a better place to live in.
Extraordinary people exist within even the most seemingly ordinary lives. They are the ones with the knack for living genuinely and who inspire us to attempt the same.
We all have a unique talent and skill set. What the world needs are heroes who have the ability to make extraordinary things happen in the environment we live in.
Different Strokes is a segment featuring and honoring local and international Talents.

- Sukanya Yogesh













© Sukanya's Hobbies And Crafts



THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT OF SUKANYA'S HOBBIES AND CRAFTS CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION AND WOULD BE CONSIDERED A COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.


No comments: