12 August 2005

ELEGANT COFFEE TABLE

ELEGANT COFFEE TABLE
When we decided to place the arrangements of our furniture in a vertical manner in a rectangular shaped living room, we realized that we cant have the luxury of a big coffee table. We wanted a small one and we searched all over for the right size and the look which fits our décor but we couldn’t find a single one so I thought why not recycle the side table into a beautiful coffee table. The first thing I wanted was to put newspapers and magazines under it so I used an old writing pad made of plywood and got my husband to fix it with a few nails and glue to make place for my magazines and newspapers.
(As you can see in the picture on your right). Then we got it scoured and used brown shoe polish to match our décor and varnished it for the color to stay on. After this, I got this cheap black doormat which I placed it on the top of the side table, placed some shells and other decorative objects(this arrangement can be changed so that it doesn’t get too boring), My husband drilled the four corner and we bought glass holders from the market and topped it with a matching glass. Now we have an elegant coffee table which is the perfect fit for our décor and as and when we get bored we experiment with the decorations under the glass, giving it an aquatic theme or a spring flowers theme, sometimes put potpourri, artificial flowers, decorative stones, shells, beads anything that you can think of and we have a new look for our coffee table.

No comments: